Sunday, May 31, 2009

Celebrating My First 50 Miler!

Well, I am now over half way to my training goal! I just completed my first 5-0 yesterday and feel great about accomplishing this. I know 50 miles is nothing for the average cyclist, but it is for me considering that I just started riding my bike the second week of April.

After my ride, I came home and promptly had a protein recovery drink. I was so charged about finishing this ride that I didn't even mind the fact that I came in DFL. Yep, I finished "Dead F---in' Last" and was ecstatic about it. Who cares that even a 60 year old guy finished before me. All I knew was that I finished a hard hilly ride in a respectable 3 hrs. 10 minutes.

So, after I showered I celebrated with a few beers and a Big Juicy Double Chili Cheeseburger (rare, of course) and fries at the Longhorn Cafe (the best burger in town!). I felt like I could conquer the world after doing this morning's ride. That is until I got home.

Yep, ever heard the term Ride, Eat, Sleep, and Repeat? Well, it's truer than you know. I road, ate and was wiped-out! I ended up crashing for 3 hours. I guess the hills, heat and miles totally took the wind out of my celebratory sails in about 30 minutes after my meal.

BTW-It was the BEST nap EVER!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment