Monday, October 19, 2009

The Final Week Countdown

Today begins my final week of training leading up to my big bike ride in the Lance Armstrong Challenge (LAC). The LAC is the 90 mile ride I have been training for in Austin,, Texas happening this Saturday. All the money raised goes to the Lance Armstrong Foundation.

My good friends and ride buddies keep telling me that you don't get in any better shape the final week before an event. You have to work with how far you've come, and that this week is for light training and almost more importantly REST!!!

So keeping all their sage advice in mind, I will only ride twice this week. Tuesday will be a short ride outdoors, trying to keep my distance down around 25 miles. On Thursday afternoon I'm hoping to get the bike out for one last 20 mile ride. And then Friday and Saturday will be off days, with the ride at 8am on this Sunday.

It's also an important week for eating for me. My diet will include plenty of protein and carbs, and water. I have to make sure I stay well hydrated because I will be going through plenty of liquids on Sunday. So, this week will be early to bed, eating right, and no alcohol.

All in all, a very lackluster week for me.

Good thing that we have the AT&T Champions Tour event going on in my backyard this week. At least, I can get outside and watch some great golf on the course at Oak Hills Country Club. This distraction will take my mind off the ride as I am starting to get a little anxious about the big event.

No comments:

Post a Comment